Thursday 18 April 2013

Editing my Music Video

When editing my music video I was quite familiar with the how to use the editing software from my previous project last year.

One of the technique I used was transitions between my clips, these are important to ensure a smooth and effective video. The main transitions I used was cross-disolve, cross- blur, fade to black and fade to white this is because out of all of the transitions they were the most appropriate for my music video.

Transitions 
Another technique was the changing the filters of certain clips. I did this by going in to the clip adjustments and clicking video effects. The first filter I used was vignette, I used this during my animatic scenes so that it was clear that they were the animatics and the filter gave the shot an old style movie effect and it worked well with my final project.


Changing the filter
The second filter I used was sepia. I used this during the scenes with the girlfriend scenes and this was to show the differences between the lead singers time with his girlfriend and time with the band.


Changing effect
One of the final techniques I used was the precision editor. I used this to make sure that my clips fit to the song I have chosen especially for my animatics as they have many clips for one piece of film as it was very difficult to make sure that everything was kept in time. 


Precision editor

No comments:

Post a Comment